Thursday, September 13, 2012

Narcissism and other Delusions: An Introduction

My name is Craig Page. I'm currently an Unemployed Mental Health Counselor born, raised, and living in the North Bronx. When not finding work and researching Carl Jung stories, I'm usually being a geek about the City. I have been in NY Jedi Stage Combat Team for Three years, and have been playing Live Action Roleplay (LARP) for nearly two years now. My main experience has been with playing in the club Mind's Eye Society's (Formerly The Camarilla, and even with the name change, most of us still answer to Cammie) renditions of The World of Darkness games, starting with Vampire The Requiem and moving my way through to Mage the Awakening (to which I now ST/GM for in NYC) and Changeling the Lost.

That last part is why I'm here. I find the concept of LARPing to be interesting, an immersive form of theater and play where you are both the player and the character interacting with other characters and players. It' MMO without the joystik, it's life in stereo. I'm making this blog as a journal of my ideas, quandries, philosophical meanderings of LARPing and gaming in general. I'll also share my explorations as me as Storyteller (ST) as I go from player to Storyteller and now get to see things from the big picture.

The reason for the Title of this intro "Narcissism and other Delusions" is fairly simple, or should be. As much as I think this report is a good idea, it still smacks of Vanity to me. Who the hell am I to spout off my opinions and have other people hear them? Dunno, myself. But this is seeing what other opinions are like. This is a learning tool as much as it is a soapbox. You don't have to agree with me, nor I with you. But I do like knowing other ideas, or else I don't grow.

Til then,

Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment